If you’ve ever tried running a Google Ads PPC campaign to generate mortgage leads, you’ll know that it’s not cheap and that the cost per click can end up being very high.
That’s because the financial services industry is very competitive, with lots of brokers and advisers vying for those top spots on Google. And, as with any auction, the more bidders there are, the more the price gets pushed up.
Fortunately, there is a solution. Even today, it’s still possible to find cheaper and more cost-effective keywords to bid on – if you know what you’re doing.
So, to help those mortgage brokers who are new to Google Ads, as well as existing advertisers who want to cut their advertising costs, I decided to run a free training event in my Facebook group and you can watch a recording of it in this video.
You’ll learn all my top Google Ads keywords tips, including:
How to use Google Ads keywords tools
How to find cheaper keywords with less competition
Why you should focus on a niche
The importance of search intent and the use of language
Tips for choosing the right keywords
How to expand your keyword list from an initial idea
Understanding keyword matching and match types
The crucial difference between search terms and keywords
If you’ve been wondering how you can generate more leads for your mortgage business with Google Ads keywords without breaking the bank, then you really must watch this video.
A full transcript appears below.
- “The overall aim really with the keywords is to find ones which have got less competition.” – David Miles
- “..one of the reasons why I’m always saying that as mortgage brokers, it’s really important that you find a particular niche or niches to work on within the wider field of the mortgage industry.” – David Miles
- “When Google is deciding which websites to show in the search results (organic search results and not the paid ones), they look at two things: how well optimized your website is then what kind of contents are on it and how easily they can work out what that content is about.” – David Miles
- “..do keep that in mind… the ideal we’re aiming for. We’re trying to find low competition keywords that have the right kind of search intent and are specific to a niche that you are working in and which aren’t, therefore, being chased after, by every other mortgage broker out there.” – David Miles
- “..when you bid on a particular keyword, you’ll appear when someone searches for that keyword, but also for a variety of other search terms, which are in Google’s eyes relevant and related to that keyword that you are bidding on.” – David Miles