Use Conversion Rate Optimisation To Get More Leads
LEARN HOW TO USE cro STRATEGIES TO GET MORE LEADS OR SALES WITHOUT INCREASING YOUR MARKETING SPEND
How To Increase Website Conversion Rates
Driving traffic to your website using PPC, SEO, and social media is all very well. But what happens after that? Do your website visitors complete the action you want them to take (do they convert) or do they leave your site never to be seen again? Often a large chunk of your marketing budget is wasted because your website is not optimised for conversions. Below you'll find some of my best conversion rate optimisation (CRO) content and guides, as well as a selection of case studies, which you can use to improve your own conversion rate and get more leads without having to spend more on advertising.
How To Increase Website Conversions
Using Lead Magnets To Increase Conversion Rates
Converting Website Visitors Into Customers
Hi. I'm David Miles, the founder of The PPC Machine and the chief content creator for this website. I've been helping people use conversion rate optimisation and other digital marketing strategies to grow their businesses for the past 15 years.
Conversion rate optimisation (CRO) is the process of improving your website in order to increase the chances of your visitors turning into customers or clients. CRO strategies can include making your website more attractive so that when someone visits the site they want to stay and look around, as well as making your site easier to use and more persuasive so as visitors are more likely to take the actions you want them to take (such as filling in an enquiry form or making a purchase).
If you are spending money on PPC or SEO, it is vital that you focus on CRO in order to get the maximum return from the time and money you are investing in driving traffic to your website. If you want to get more leads or sales, it is often much easier and cheaper to improve your conversion rate than it is to drive an extra 1,000 people per month to your site.
Some of the key elements of a successful CRO strategy are listed below. Focusing on even just a couple of these can make a huge difference to the conversion rate of your website and mean that you get more new customers from your site.
- The appearance of your website can have a big impact on its conversion rate. Even something as simple as the colour of the buttons can affect the chances of someone converting. Make sure your headlines are snappy enough and that the body of your text is easy to read with short paragraphs, subheadings, and a clear layout. These may seem obvious points but sometimes the simple things get lost within the larger picture of creating an impressive website.
- Make sure you are clear about who your ideal customer is. Defining a customer avatar can help you hone in on who you are actually selling to and makes it easier to market your products and services in a way which will resonate with them.
- Highlighting your unique selling points (USPs) with an effective value proposition will encourage customers to stay on your page and increase the chances of them wanting to do business with you.
- Making your website easy to use by removing points of friction in the user journey, including clear calls to action, and streamlining the checkout process on e-commerce sites can also help increase conversion rates.
- Lead magnets can be used to encourage visitors to give you their email addresses and other contact info in return for receiving something of value. Guides, whitepapers, and eBooks can all make effective lead magnets, as can online quizzes and free webinars.
- Remarketing using Google Ads or Facebook Ads is a great way to get a second chance at converting people who did not make a purchase or an enquiry the first time they visited your site.
By combining conversion optimised websites and landing pages with highly effective PPC campaigns and email marketing funnels, you too can have the kind of consistent and cost effective lead generation system that I implement for my clients.
book your free strategy call
Want to get some tips on how to improve your current online presence?
Want to find out if The PPC Machine could help your business grow?
Click the button below to book your free 15 minute call.